Green Oil - White - Super Dry Chain Wax - Dry Conditions - 100ml
Green Oil - White - Super Dry Chain Wax - Dry Conditions - 100ml - 100 ml | NOTE: This item will be special ordered for you. Kindly allow 2 to 6 weeks of lead time.
Couldn't load pickup availability
Dry Chain Wax For road bikes, triathlon, fixies and dry summer trail riding..
WHITE, STAIN FREE FORMULA: White dry formula does not stain trousers like lube oil. Commuters will love that their pants will stay fresh on their way to work. Enjoy grease-free, road bikes, mountain bikes, triathlons, and Brompton. The dry stain-free consistency works great for folding bikes as well, where you are more likely to get chain oil on your clothes while folding it up.
GREAT DRY PERFORMANCE: Green Oil Chain Wax being dry does not attract too much dust in dry weather like oil or grease. This makes it a great choice for riding in dusty trails, mountain biking, or city commuter rides. Perfect for city rides and trails in Spring or Summer.
QUIET & SMOOTH RIDES: Green Oil Dry Wax leaves a semi-lubricating film on the chain to reduce friction and thereby minimizing wear. Avid bikers will love the smoother and faster gear changes as well as fewer chain replacements. Green Oil Dry Wax delights bikers with quiet rides, by eliminating squeaks and gritty noises.
EASY APPLICATION & PERFORMANCE: Dry Wax is easy to apply and use. Shake the bottle and take off the snap cap. Make sure the chain is dust-free and dry. Start applying to the chain. Gently keep cranking the chain using the pedal for complete application over one length of the chain. Apply to the rollers, the cylinders of the chain. Turn the cranks back for one chain circulation and let dry for 7 minutes. White dry lube will be effective for up to 80 miles between applications.
NATURAL & ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY: Dry Chain Wax uses all plant-based ingredients, natural wax, and bioethanol sauce instead of paraffin and petrochemicals. Wax comes packaged in 100% recycled plastic bottles, where each bottle could be a totally different color. Green Oil wax is a great eco-friendly bike lube, free of petrochemicals that can harm the environment and aquatic life. The formula is also free of harmful propellants used by comparable lubes in aerosol cans. Made in Britain.
Use: Chain wax for road bikes, mountain bikes, e-bikes, kids' bikes
Recommended for: Commuters or mountain bikers, in dry riding conditions
Packaging: 100 ml recycled bottle
Why use White?
Its important to keep your chain lubricated. This reduces friction letting you go faster and have a smoother gear changes. A lubricated chain results in fewer chain replacements too.
White is great for dusty trail riding. If you ride in dry weather, White Wax is designed for you. In these conditions, you get more airborne dust which can stick to the chain. White is dry, so minimal dust is attracted. Its great for city riding too.
White won't go on your pants like other lubes, so its great for the commute to work, or your cargo bike on the way to the Bronx. We also recommend White for road racing, BMX riding and trail bikes.
White is great for any folding bikes - where you're more likely to get dirty when folding it up.
How to apply
1. Ensure that your bike is secured so it doesn't fall over you while step 2 is going down. . .
2. With the cap on, shake the bottle vigorously upside down.
3. Preferably clean the chain first, and ensure its dry. (A wipe down with a rag is better than nothing.)
4. Work out how many times you need to turn the cranks for one chain circulation - Slowly turn the cranks backwards, watching a single chain link
5. Squeeze the bottle gently to apply White to the top part of the bottom half of the chain (if that doesn't make sense, hopefully the diagram below does!). Apply to one length of the chain. Apply to the 'rollers', the cylinders on the chain
6. Turn the cranks back for one chain circulation, and leave to dry for 7 minutes. (This is especially important if its raining).
7. You are ready to ride. Alternatively, for a super clean chain, wipe off excess by running the chain once through a rag.
- Other dry lubes out there contain PTFE and petrochemicals, some even using toxic paraffin. They often use petrochemical wax too. White uses bees wax within the formula, and after its life on your bike, is totally biodegradable. Part of the formula is bio ethanol made from sugar. This is grown in the EU, and is the solvent part of the formula. Its alcoholic so flammable. This is the first Green Oil product to have a black and orange logo on, but its just the flammable symbol.
- Petrochemicals often harm the environment and aquatic life. White however is petrochemical and PTFE free, contains no paraffin and is totally biodegradable.
- Every White bottle is made from 100% recycled plastic - so don't be surprised if the bottle is a curious colour!
- The label is made from the same type of plastic as the bottle, to aid efficient recycling.
Enjoy BIG savings on excellent gear!