Green Oil - EcoSponge
Green Oil - EcoSponge | NOTE: This item will be special ordered for you. Kindly allow 2 to 6 weeks of lead time.
Couldn't load pickup availability
SUSTAINABLE, FAIR TRADE, ECO FRIENDLY BIKE CLEANING SPONGE
NATURAL & GREEN: Green Oil Ecosponge uses upcycled cotton outer layer and plant-based inner fibers to create a super soft foam that is carbon fiber safe. Ecosponge works great for cleaning forks, spokes, and other hard to reach areas. The sponge is also safe for use on anodized parts and seals.
FAIR TRADE PRODUCT: Ecosponge is made with adherence to fair trade principles with the moral purpose of alleviating poverty by guaranteeing long term prospects to workers.
COMPOSTABLE DESIGN: Ecosponge designed without plastics and petrochemicals, is completely compostable at the end of its life. This sustainable sponge is a great alternative to sea sponge which ends up damaging the underwater ecosystem.
DURABLE & MACHINE SAFE: Green Oil Ecosponge is built to last, standing up to the rigors of scrubbing down the thickest layers of dirt and grime. The outer layer is made from recycled rice sacks that combines softness and toughness parameters for bike frame cleaning. Internal fibers are made from the luffa genus plant, which supports the ecosystem. The sponge can be easily washed in a machine along with your dark clothes.
ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY: The plastic-free design does not leave harmful footprints on the surroundings. Plant-based inner fiber is biodegradable and hence will not litter the ground like plastic fibers. A 100% biodegradable formula free of plastics is a sustainable solution to the ecosystem.
Use: Cleaning of bicycle frames
Recommended for: Commuters or mountain bikers, e-bikes and kids' bikes
- Plant based: The EcoSponge uses a plant based inner. This plant is indigenous to the Philipines and has to grow amongst other indignous plants. Growing these is therefore good for the ecosystem.
- Recycled: The outside is made of recycled cotton. Litterally, every Ecospone is completely unique! They are largely made from reclaimed cottong rice sacks. This is super soft for frame cleaning, and tought enough to wipe down your frame too.
- Compostable: The Ecosponge is biodegradable and can go on your compost heap if it ever wears out. It is Petrochemical free, so you're not putting fragments of petrochemicals into the environment when using it.
How to use the Ecosponge?
1. Soak in a bucket of water for 1 minute. Watch it soften and expand slightly
2. Squeeze out, then apply Green Clean bike cleaner to your EcoSponge
3. Clean off dirt from your frame with your Ecosponge, rinsing it out regularly
After use, dry out your Ecosponge indoors or in the sun. You can actually wash it with your dark clothing in a washing machine
The Ecosponge is our only fair trade product, because the term 'fair trade' doesn't apply to things produced in 'developed' countries like the UK, or products from large factories where a different set of ethical labour codes are applied. Simply, the UK and similar countries have a minimum wage and a welfare state which generally plays the role fair trade principals. 'Fair trade' applies generally to processed farm products, and things made by hand in developing countries. Like coffee, or little wood toys for example.
Why not use a natural sea sponge?
Apparently too many people want sponges from the bottom of the sea, and people taking too many is damaging the ecosystem in various places.
So growing sponges using fair trade principles is the way forward, rather than using sea sponges.
- The Ecosponge label is thin card, easily recycled.
- the Ecosponge itself is compostable. If you don't have a compost bin, you can just bury it!
Enjoy BIG savings on excellent gear!