Cleaning Brush for Bicycle Sprockets, Spokes & Rims...
NATURAL & GREEN: Green Oil Bicycle Brush uses plant-based bristles that are more resistant to clogs from dirt and grime compared to plastic bristles. Wooden handles are made using FSC certified wood, that guarantees sustainability by ensuring that new trees are planted after trees are chopped down. Plant-based bristles stay separate and do not get gummed up or glued by oil and grime, like plastic bristles.
ERGONOMIC & EASY USE: Ergonomically designed wooden handle tapers inwards for a comfortable grip. The design combines the benefits of a “claw brush” without the inconvenience and discomfort associated with wrapping the fingers around the spikes for grip. Brush design allows easy cleaning of cassettes without removing them from the bike.
COMPLETE BIKE CLEANING BRUSH: Primarily designed to clean bike chains and sprockets, the Green Oil brush goes a long way with spokes, wheel rims, and hard to reach areas. Long bristles are great for cleaning sprocket cogs. Cog spikes are perfect for cleaning out derailleur cogs. It is important to check the bristles of a brand-new brush for paint safety. However, after some use, they tend to soften down for safe use on bike frames, yet retaining the hardness needed for chains and sprockets.
DURABLE & SUSTAINABLE: Green Oil Bicycle Brushes with plant-based bristles are designed to last, standing up to the rigors of scrubbing down the thickest layers of dirt and grime. The sturdy design has a life expectancy of up to 10 years, so bikers will not need to worry about a replacement in the near future.
ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY: The plastic-free design does not leave harmful footprints on the surroundings. Plant-based bristles that come out of these brushes are biodegradable and hence will not litter the ground like plastic bristles. A 100% biodegradable formula free of plastics is a sustainable solution to the ecosystem. Made In Britain.
Use: Cleaning of bike parts, drive chains, sprockets, wheel rims, cassettes, tyres, derailleurs
Recommended for: Commuters or mountain bikers, e-bikes and kids' bikes
- Made in Britain
- Has a luxury sustainably sourced, ergonomic wood handle
- Utilizes plant based bristles
- Is designed to last many years of use - 'a brush for life'
- Scrubbing your chain and sprocket primarily, but also wheel cleaning, as a claw brush, for hard to reach bits, wheel rims and spoke cleaning.
- The Bicycle Brush has a burly handle and long bristles -comfortable and with bristles longer than the widest sprocket cog. Its great for cleaning your sprocket set (the cogs on your back wheel), for use as a claw brush to get between the gaps.
- The bristles can be a bit harsh at first on some paintwork, but do soften once the brush is 'broken in' - after being used to chain scrub and sprocket scrub a few times, the bristles are soft enough for nearly all bike frames, yet still tough for chain and sprocket scrubbing.
- The unique bristles are plant based, not plastic. They are durable, though some will appear to fall out on first use - these are loose bristles left over from the manufacturing process.
- The Bicycle Brush also has a 'Cog Spike' on the butt of the handle. Its rounded in one direction, yet edged in the other. Simply hold against the derailleur cog of your stationary bike, run the chain through to spin the cogs (you can turn the cranks back by hand to do this), and watch the mud scrape off!
- Another advantage is that the bristles don't clog up easily, nor are they designed to wear out quickly in order that we sell more brushes.
How to use your Bicycle Brush
1. Soak Bicycle Brush bristles in water.
2. If using for frame cleaning, test on a small area to ensure paint compatibility
3. After applying Green Clean or Clean Chain degreaser, use to clean your bike and various parts.
4. Thoroughly rinse the Bicycle Brush
5. Leave to dry, for a long Bicycle Brush life
We recommend drying out your brush indoors, or in the sun after use to keep it in good conditions, for a long Bicycle Brush life.
- The bristles used are strong and durable, designed to last a long time, yet plant based and natural.
- The handle is made from sustainably sourced wood with independent FSC certification.
- Its a good thing that the Bicycle Brush is not made of plastic, so no oil is used to make the brush. Similarly, the bristles are plant based, so when there is wear and tear, little pieces of plastic aren't going into the environment which don't biodegrade.
- Even the print on the brush is biodegradable, so theoretically if your brush did ever wear out, you could put it in your compost bin! It is durable though, so a well kept brush should not be heading to the compost bin any time soon!