DEGREASE WITHOUT REMOVING THE CHAIN
EASY TO USE CONSISTENCY: Green Oil Degreaser has a jelly consistency that makes it easy to use directly on chains without removing from the bike, compared to other products that tend to be runny. The formula sticks well to the chain to work through grime, oil, and dirt for effective cleansing.
IMPROVES EFFICIENCY: Green Oil Degreaser Jelly is an award-winning formula that is designed to cleanse and protect your bike chains for long term use. Degreaser Jelly efficiently removes mud and road dirt to prevent them from building up as layers. The effective cleaning of the chain improves riding efficiency by as high as 99%.
CLEAN WITHOUT REMOVAL FROM BIKE: Take off the easy to remove snap-cap from the bottle. Squeeze the degreaser onto the chain. Keep cranking the chain using the pedal for complete application over one length of the chain. Spin the cranks or cycle around for 30 seconds so the formula starts working. Wipe the chain using a dry rag. After that wipe off with a wet rag or a brush, following up with a rinse. If the chain is still dirty, you can do another application and brush for complete cleaning.
VERSATILE CLEANING METHODS: Degreaser can be diluted with double the amount of water to make a chain bath. In this case, you will remove the chain and leave it in the bath for 2-4 hours and then wipe clean. Another option is to remove the chain and coat it with jelly and put on the dishwasher top shelf and run with dishes as normal, by making sure the chain stays secure through the wash cycle. 100 ml degreaser can be mixed with 900 ml water to make 1 liter of general bike cleaning solution.
NATURAL & ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY: Degreaser Jelly is made in Britain using a coconut oil-based detergent, apple, and orange peel extracts instead of palm oil and petrochemicals. The degreaser comes packaged in 100% recycled plastic bottles, where each bottle could be a totally different color. Green Oil jelly is eco-friendly, free of petrochemicals that can harm the environment and aquatic life. The formula is also free of harmful propellants used by comparable products in aerosol cans.
Use: Degreaser to clean bike chains
Recommended for: Commuters or mountain bikers, e-bikes and kids' bikes
Packaging: 5000 ml / 5 liter / 1.32 Gallons recycled bottle. Also available in a smaller 100 ml size.
Why clean your chain?
Layer upon layer of chain lube can build up into a mess. Pollution in the air can pollute your chain, and mud and road dirt can also make it dirty. A clean chain with oil can be over 99% efficient.
How to use Clean Chain
1. Apply liberally to the chain
2. Ride the bike for a minute or less to work it in, shifting through the gears
3. Next, wipe the chain hard with a dry rag
4. Then, wipe or scrub down again with a wet rag or Green Oil Bicycle Brush.
(It helps to do this on the top part of the chain, keeping the chain tight by holding the cranks in place)
5. Rinse thoroughly with water. A good way is to pour a watering can onto the chain, whilst turning the cranks backwards.
6. Leave to dry, or dry with an old towel
You can also use 30ml Clean Chain and 60ml water mixed together in a chain bath. This is where you take the chain off the bike, and leave it in a small but of this solution for 2-4 hours. Then wipe clean. The same mix can be used in a chain cleaning devise, up to 1 part Clean Chain to 3 parts water.
Clean Chain can also be mixed with 900ml water to make a whole litre of Green Clean bike cleaner!
- Other degreasers often boast about their orange content. However, they are often petroleum based, with a hint of orange. 'Greenwash' they like to call it. Moreover, many use aerosol cans with harmful propellants, and packaging that is difficult to recycle.
- Clean Chain degreaser's formula is 100% natural ingredients
- Its bottle is 100% recycled plastic, and easily recyclable
- Clean Chain is totally biodegradable after its life on your bike
- It won't damage your skin
- Clean Chain doesn't contain any petrochemicals. We use a special detergent made from coconut oil, orange peel extract, which is a by product of the organic orange juice industry, and other plant based ingredients for powerful degreasing performance.