Indestructible, practical, and elegant: that is the type 6040
B&W's outdoor.case type 6040 is an elegant and slim outdoor case specially designed to securely transport media devices such as notebooks and tablets. The indestructible shell made of polypropylene is dust- and waterproof, and keeps precious contents protected from anything. The sturdy shell can even withstand drops and impacts with ease, keeping expensive devices and accessories intact at all times, regardless of the situation. The two-step closures make the type 6040 ultra easy to open and close, and the interior can be customized with diverse layout options.
All features at a glance
- Extremely sturdy case: shell made of polypropylene (PP)
- Certified under STANAG 4280, DEF STAN 81-41, and ATA 300
- UN Certificate of Approval, max. weight 13 Kg
- Waterproof (IP67 rating)
- Temperature-stable from -30 °C to 80 °C
- Airworthy: automatic air pressure equalization valve
- Two eyelets for padlock (Ø 7 mm)
- Inner dimensions: 476 x 356 x 124 mm | 18.7 x 14.0 x 4.9 inch
- Outer dimensions: 512 x 420 x 148 mm | 20.2 x 16.5 x 5.8 inch
- Weight: 3.3 Kg | 7,27 Ib
- Volume: 21.0 L
- Ergonomic two-component handle
- Two-step closures
- Optional lift-off hinge for a removable lid
- Extensive interior options: empty, with pick-and-pluck foam and egg crate foam in lid
- With optional shoulder strap
- Optional power supply pocket
- Built-in frame
- Built-in aluminum frame
- 30-year warranty
- Color: black
Handy and airworthy thanks to automatic air pressure equalization valve
Wherever the journey may take you, the type 6040 is your faithful companion for dependably protecting expensive technology and other accessories. The built-in air pressure equalization valve automatically opens once the atmospheric pressure changes in order to stabilize the pressure inside the case. This protects the case’s shell and contents, and allows the case to be taken flights. The type 6040 is rated IP67 dustproof and waterproof, and can handle extreme temperatures from -30 °C to 80 °C with ease.
Maximum carrying comfort with shoulder strap and ergonomic handle
The outdoor.case type 6040 can transport even heavy equipment anywhere with ease. The ergonomic two-component handles rest perfectly in the hand. For additional carrying comfort, a B&W shoulder strap option is available that conveniently distributes the weight of the case. For important documents, an optional document pouch can be attached inside the lid.
Variable interior for any need
Our type 6040 comes with an array of variable interior options. For additional protection, a removable foam insert precut into cubes is available for the main compartment and an egg crate foam insert is available for the lid of the case. The case lid can be removed completely with lift-off hinges.